Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jherrel

Elgin, US
683 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Cameras won't shoot"

jherrel Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Apr 2007
Sat 09-Feb-13 09:49 AM

I have two SB-900s (and two SB-800s) and shoot weddings with them. Yes, in the beginning they would overheat and shutdown when used heavily with the old style rechargeable batteries. That was solved by doing the following.
1. Turn off the thermal protection, you still get the alarm for a warning. After adopting items 2 and 3 I very seldom get an alarm.
2. Use Eneloop batteries or other low discharge batteries in the flash.
3. Use a battery pack for power. This takes the heavy load out of the flash.

As a professional, I don't want the flash slowing down. That doesn't work at a wedding. I'd rather have it shutdown and go to a backup flash. However, after adopting the three items above, I don't have it shutdown either.

John Herrel
Nikonian from South Carolina
See the light, capture the essence!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Cameras won't shoot [View all] , 123ckf , Thu 07-Feb-13 11:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cameras won't shoot