Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JazzDoc

Rochester, US
471 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Cameras won't shoot"

JazzDoc Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006
Sat 09-Feb-13 12:15 AM

Returning to John's comments, I would be most suspicious of the camera firmware as well. But first, has the handup occurred without the presence of the flash? Have you tried returning to your SB800 to determine if that solves the problem? I had this same problem with my D4 until the first firmware upgrade solved the glitch. I also have a D800, but I bought it after the first firmware update occurred, and never experienced the problem with that body.
This is a longshot, but perhaps the firmware, even if current, hsa become corrupted, maybe given some kind of electrical transient related to the flash. It is easy enough to upgrade (or replace) the firmware as instructed on the Nikon support website. I would then shoot for some substantial time without the flash just to establish that the camera works properly over time, and then carry on from there.
I hope this helps, christina
Cheers
Gary

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

A general, generic topic Cameras won't shoot [View all] , 123ckf , Thu 07-Feb-13 11:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cameras won't shoot