Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 v D4 - Silent Mode

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 v D4 - Silent Mode"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sun 03-Feb-13 10:48 PM

I use D800E and D4 Quiet Mode in shooting during live performances in Theatre and find it to be quite helpful. It's certainly quieter than non-quiet mode, and I feel is much more discrete. Certainly quieter than my old rattletrap D700

I would think during wedding shooting you achieve some of this benefit also, at least as compared to non-quiet mode. I just tried both side by side and the D4 sounds just a hair louder but that is very informal/anecdotal.

I also tend to time my shooting somewhat by volume coming from my subject. Sometimes I won't shoot at all, but I listen for noise from either the crowd or stage and then can shoot merrily away. You may at least partially benefit from that approach during a ceremony, but I realize is not always something you can do at a wedding!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic D800 v D4 - Silent Mode [View all] , DiamondPhotography , Sun 03-Feb-13 02:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 v D4 - Silent Mode