Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2675 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tether"

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Sat 02-Feb-13 06:38 AM

Define best.

LR is what many photographers already have. If you appreciate the ability to have your photos quickly usable in LR, that's your choice then.

In some discussions it has been reported that LR loses connection to the camera if the user changes lenses during the session, and LR needs to be closed and restarted to detect the new lens. Some say that Nikon's software (Camera Control Pro?) copes with lens changes during session.

If you want to control every aspect of your camera than can be controlled remotely, and then some, I recommend ControlMyNikon. My only nit is that the current version needs Admin privileges (Win only) to run; I'd like to use software as a non-admin user. The author says it will be fixed in the next version.

Regards, Antero

A general, generic topic Tether [View all] , Rlac , Fri 01-Feb-13 02:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tether