Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
SonjaM

Jersey City, US
71 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"OMG! This is sharp."

SonjaM Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2010
Tue 29-Jan-13 10:44 PM

Just a share - I had my D700 in the shop for the weekend to fix a dodgy flash. Other than that I've been perfectly content with the D700. No sooner did I check it in and my son wanted shots for an engagement Save the Date - So I figure this would be a perfect time to try out the D800. I rented it for the weekend. To say I'm floored is an understatement. This camera brought me back the joy. In fact I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with my D700. I have not had as many consistently great shots - ie clear, and in focus in a long long time. With the D700 I might get 1 out of 30 where all the stars align. Confession, I am a pixel peeper. The d800 - every shot was at least in focus. composition and other issues aside. I read about this, but had no idea until I saw for myself. Byt the way same lens. Mostly the 24-70.
So whats a girl to do? I'm going to get me one of these D800's before the special deal runs out this Sunday.

Besides that the decision has been made is there a way to test if there is something wrong with the D700?

A general, generic topic OMG! This is sharp. [View all] , SonjaM Silver Member , Tue 29-Jan-13 09:44 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: OMG! This is sharp.