Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need advice on camera purchase

PhotoemWriter

West Lafayette, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need advice on camera purchase"

PhotoemWriter Registered since 06th Mar 2010
Tue 29-Jan-13 03:57 AM

I have both the D7K and the D800 and use both of them for different purposes. I have gotten some incredible landscapes out of my D7k. I'm not a wildlife shooter, so I have no experience with that kind of photography. I tend to use my D800 as I have used my medium format film cameras--only for those landscapes in which I want super-high resolution and am likely to make very large enlargements. I'm actually inclined to suggest that if you want a full frame camera, that you take a serious look at the D600 over the D800. Reviews rave about the image quality of the D600, and frankly, the 24 MP is enough to give you great detail in landscapes. The D800 is not for everyone. The money you'd save by buying the D600 could go for a very nice tripod and ball head. You would definitely need these anyway with the D800.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Need advice on camera purchase [View all] , vangophotos Silver Member , Mon 28-Jan-13 09:04 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need advice on camera purchase