Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF mode selector on D800 & D4

happysnappy123

Perth, AU
412 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"AF mode selector on D800 & D4"

happysnappy123 Registered since 08th May 2002
Wed 04-Apr-12 03:11 PM

G'day all,

As a photographer with a severe vision impairment, I must say that Nikon's decision to replace the mechanical AF-S/AF-C/M lever with an AF mode button was a complete mistake. I have owned the Nikon D200, D300/D300S and D700 in the past (actually, I still have my D700) and have always loved the fact that I could change focusing modes without taking my eye off of the viewfinder. Now, with the D7000/D800/D4, I have to take my eye off of the viewfinder, place a finger from my left hand on the AF mode button and then rotate a dial with my right hand. How on earth could this be called 'ergonomic'? With the old system, I could work the camera by feel. Now, the latest system is a complete and utter mess for me. Another reason why I'll buy a run-out D700...

NOT HAPPY!

Cheers.

A general, generic topic AF mode selector on D800 & D4 [View all] , happysnappy123 , Wed 04-Apr-12 01:11 PM