Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Images are darker on import

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Images are darker on import"

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Sat 26-Jan-13 08:57 PM

Your differences you are seeing depend on whether you are viewing RAW or JPG in Lightoom (LR) and what you have LR set up to adjust when you import images. When viewing your images on the camera LCD you are viewing jpg images processed with the settings you set up in your camera. LR has import defaults that will alter what is being imported. Check your Preferences > Presets and Camera Calibration tab of LR.

You can adjust LR for a specific type of shot and make presets to use when importing your images. All adjustments in LR can be used for defining your presets. I'd suggest the LR presets over altering things like the LCD brightness levels. For me - I don't have to worry about what I may have adjusted in my camera to make the image in LR match.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Images are darker on import [View all] , mikeguil , Sat 26-Jan-13 02:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Images are darker on import