Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lexar 1000x CF cards with a D800

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lexar 1000x CF cards with a D800"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Wed 23-Jan-13 02:29 PM

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the response. Just to be sure, I plan on ordering one or two of the Lexar Dual Card readers today.

Yes, I understand USB3 is backward compatible with USB2 devices, but the question is whether I still need the second Lexar Dual Card Reader to be able to read the UDMA 7 cards, even at USB2 speeds. My current card readers don't seem to like them.

At least until I get the new readers, I will download directly from the camera using the USB3 cable. There was a time when I wasn't positive my system was recognizing the USB3 adapter card, but with the XQD card and reader working at full speed, I know that's not the problem. I also eliminated the four port USB3 hub and connected direct to the adapter card in the tests.

Files from my XQD card and reader seem to fly onto the system, but I know the D4 files are much smaller. However, Windows lets me click on the Details drop down and I can see the actual transfer speed when coming off the card readers. I am not sure why the same Details drop down is not available when reading directly from the camera.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Lexar 1000x CF cards with a D800 [View all] , M_Jackson Silver Member , Wed 23-Jan-13 03:43 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lexar 1000x CF cards with a D800