Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I hate crappy tests but...

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2817 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"I hate crappy tests but..."

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Tue 03-Apr-12 12:34 PM

If anyone would like to see a "real world" example of the D800 at high ISO, I did a little experiment tonight.

I grabbed a common cereal box and photographed it. With a 5:4 crop in the camera. I used the fine print on the side that has the nutritional value. I then pulled the RAW image into LR4, cleaned it as I would any ISO6400 image. Then exported it at full resolution.

I also went back and did a 10% crop of that image, and exported it as well.

This image was shot handheld, with a Nikon 70-200/2.8 lens with VR. It was shot at 1/60 of a second. Much like anyone might do if they were shooting at an ISO this high.

The test is not meant to be scientific. It is designed to be illustrative of just what a user might get if they had to shoot the D800 at high ISO, and then crop the image. A common scenario for sports or wildlife shooters.

http://goo.gl/PzB7Z

Enjoy.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic I hate crappy tests but... [View all] , PerroneFord Silver Member , Tue 03-Apr-12 10:34 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I hate crappy tests but...