Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dhle

SG
105 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: CF or SD?"

dhle Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jun 2006
Mon 11-Feb-13 01:18 AM

Hello
I am collecting information to buy a system preparing for a trip to India triangle in mid March, including D800E, 24-70mm, and 70-200 mm. Most likely taking landscape picture with the D800E.
Thinking about buying sandisk 1 extreme pro 64GB and two 32 GB SD card and several Sandisk 45MB/s for emergency backup (after read some posts about counterfeit card even buying from Amazon).
Questions:
1. Any buffer problem with 45mb card with d800e?
2. What is a reliable card reader should I buy? I have my old working card reader but I do not know if it works with extreme card. I will bring my trusted light and small xp pro computer with me. My computer is not USB 3.0 capable and I do not care about rate of transfer as long as it transfers.

Thanks for your help. I am a Expat living in Singapore. Every thing is about +40 percent more expensive than US and sometime you can not find them. Returning defective stuffs to Amazon is not an option.

Thanks
Young

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic CF or SD? [View all] , Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member , Mon 21-Jan-13 03:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CF or SD?