Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Could this be oil on the sensor?

K64drb

Blacksburg, US
324 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Could this be oil on the sensor?"

K64drb Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Feb 2012
Sun 20-Jan-13 05:50 AM

It could be oil, or some other contaminant like pollen, dust or others. There is a post pinned to the top of the D800 forum on sensor cleaning you should read.

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=430&topic_id=20394&mesg_id=20394&page=

Everyone is concerned about damaging their sensors, but it seems that the majority, including myself, feel that there are enough high-tech products on the market designed specifically for sensor cleaning, that if you carefully follow instructions, it can be done safely and is fairly easy to do. Read over the post, and see what you think. I was nervous the first time I did it, but quickly saw that it is not that big of a deal. Just be sure to read the instructions carefully, follow them closely, and you shouldn't have any problem.

Dave Badger
Blacksburg, VA
My Nikonians gallery, or visit www.AlternateViewsPhotography.com .

"You don't quit playing because you grow old; you grow old because you quit playing."

A general, generic topic Could this be oil on the sensor? [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Sat 19-Jan-13 08:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Could this be oil on the sensor?