Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just release...

pentwater

Jupiter, US
175 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just released"

pentwater Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2003
Sun 24-Feb-13 10:02 PM

>>"Hey everyone" ... Take part in one of Mike
>Hagen's
>>workshops on the D800 if you really want to get an
>thorough
>>insight into this camera .. I attended his Orlando
>workshop in
>>February, and it was outstanding, as are, all of his
>>workshops!!!!
>
>I ask this objectively and without any intended meaning or
>disrespect to anyone, including Mike Hagen - what would I
>learn at a Hagen workshop that I couldn't learn with Hogan's
>eBook on the D800/E, given that I am familiar with the nuances
>of the Nikon's menu systems and most of the choices?

Hi Jim,

To your point, I think attending a seminar is a different type of learning experience in general. If your style of learning is like mine and you have a pretty good handle on the Nikon menu system, a complete book would always be my personal preference. The book will always be available to me on my iPad, while the workshop learning is dependent on my very fallible memory! That said, some folks style of learning is very hands on and the workshop would be in order.... I would argue maybe with Thom's book purchased as well!

Happy shooting!

Best,

Bill

This is a hot, active topic! Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just release... [View all] , K64drb Silver Member , Sat 19-Jan-13 05:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just rel...