Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just release...

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just released"

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Tue 05-Feb-13 06:42 AM | edited Tue 05-Feb-13 06:43 AM by Clint S

"Do not buy his book." These kinds of emails just roll me.

I didn’t see anywhere he stated folks were being inattentive - but simply life was going on. There is a large difference implied by one ignoring (not being attentive) or because of several possible facts that might be unkown to the reader.

You noticed a sharp (mmm, good ear there) less-than-helpful tone - What? Somebody that is not falling all over themselves to make another feel better about what transpired is helpful! I guess a solid explantion of why somthing will not continue is reaaly unhelpful.

Snarky comments about the folks who questioned. - Well I guess this make a new standard, where someone's comments are considered by some to be snarky, that same snarkiness can the humorous commnets of the day to others (probably because it fits - like common sense.)

And then you say a prevalent irascible attitude. Yes that email was just so powerful, dominant, overwhelming, and hard to take. Just exactly what pointed out the hot temper and being easily provoked author?

You sir, are quite a word smith! It is just the meaning of the words and semantics you chose to use that seems to not best fit the post as I read them in my current state of mind. And it is my current state-of-mind which implores me to send this reply instead of simply providing it to the electronic trash bin. I do apologize because it really is just the chosen words with which I have a disagreement with.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just release... [View all] , K64drb Silver Member , Sat 19-Jan-13 05:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just rel...