Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just release...

realim

Auckland, NZ
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just released"

realim Registered since 06th May 2012
Wed 30-Jan-13 05:55 PM

I e-mailed Tom to ask for the update and below is the reply I received. I will reserve my comments, you judge by yourselves.

Try to do the right thing and sometimes it doesn't work. I never promised free updates when I began selling some of my books via download. Indeed, to do an update with this new process costs me real money: I pay per email/download. But I decided to try doing updates anyway, as I expected that to be a smooth process.
I've now tried updating twice. The results have been extremely disappointing. Basically, so many of you are on vacation, forget to download within two weeks, didn't notice the download message because it ended up in your spam folder, and so on, that I now spend many hours each week manually handling these free updates. That's on top of the physical costs of providing them. Bottom line: it means other things don't get done, things that you probably want me to do (launch the new bythom site, write more reviews/books/articles, and more).
Therefore, there will be no more free updates in the future. It's not a cost effective use of my time.
That said, I've reset your link and you should receive an email to that effect shortly. However, don't forget to look in your Junk or Spam folder: I have no control over where your email system puts an automated email. Note that the link only goes to the email that you ordered from.
--
Thom Hogan, writer/photographer
author, Complete Guides to the Nikon cameras (25 and counting)
author, 36 books on photography, programming, and computing

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just release... [View all] , K64drb Silver Member , Sat 19-Jan-13 05:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thom Hogan's D800/D800E Guide - new update just rel...