Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Custom Setting "Brackets" on D800

explorer44

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Custom Setting "Brackets" on D800"

explorer44 Registered since 15th Jan 2013
Wed 16-Jan-13 01:04 AM

I ran into a snag while trying to set up Bracketing in Custom Settings on my new D8oo. I chose "AUTO + FLASH" for Bracketing from the menu then pressed and held the BRKT button on top of the camera. I didn't get the screen I expected on the Control Panel. The Control Panel displayed the number of shots (which I could not vary by using the Main Control wheel at the rear of the camera, but could vary by using the sub-Command wheel on the front of the camera). It also displayed "RG" in the upper right corner of the screen, and I could go no further setting up bracketing.

I ran into the problem after establishing custom settings for nearly all of the Custom Settings menu choices from group A thru group D, pretty much following the recommendations in the book "Mastering the D800". I figure the problem may stem from one of the choices I had made, since when I chose a diferent Bank wherein I had made no custom settings yet, everything worked as expected.

Can anyone advise as to what may have gone wrong? I've talked the problem over with a technician from Nikon who was not able to figure it out, promised to get back to me after he did some research.

A topic tagged as in need of help Custom Setting "Brackets" on D800 [View all] , explorer44 , Wed 16-Jan-13 12:04 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Custom Setting "Brackets" on D800