Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?"

jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Tue 15-Jan-13 01:52 AM | edited Tue 15-Jan-13 01:57 AM by jim thomas

Hi Nick,

I understand that B&H's return policy requires the buyer to pay shipping to return the item. Nonetheless, I decided to return the camera for an exchange and requested an RMA. In just the last few hours, after exchanging a couple of emails, I received the RMA and a prepaid shipping label from B&H. I have not rechecked the return policy to see if I misunderstood it. Perhaps under the circumstances B&H waived the requirement that I pay shipping. You apparently understnad that one may return an item without paying the cost of shipping. Maybe I did not read the return policy correctly when I checked it. In any event, I agree that one should not have to perform a DIY glue job on a new $3300.00 camera and decided that I would not do that. I have the camera packaged with the RMA label on it and will ship it to B&H tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a replacement without the focus problem. So far my experience with the D800Es has been a comedy of errors. The first one had the focus problem. This one did not have the focus problem but had the other problem. I am hoping that the third one will be OK on all counts. Of course I have also spent quite a lot of time applying the custom settings and testing for focus problems on the first two cameras and am tired of having to go through those procedures. Nonetheless I am pleased that B&H is helping me solve this problem by paying shipping for the exchange. Unlike Nikon, B&H is being very helpful in addressing the problems created by Nikon's shoddy workmanship.

Thanks for the reply.

JDT

A topic tagged as having a question Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do? [View all] , jim thomas Silver Member , Mon 14-Jan-13 12:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?