Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?

jim thomas

Edmond, US
1322 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?"

jim thomas Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2003
Mon 14-Jan-13 03:10 PM

Hi Clint,

I am confused by your reference to "a little tab directly next to the body exterior". The part in question on my camera is a 9/16 inch piece of rubber that has on the bottom side one extension (in the middle) and two very small circular extensions ("nubs"), one of either end of the rubber piece. Before it fell out of the camera, the rubber piece fit into a cutout on the frame of the housing for the card compartment, located on the hinged side of the door to the card compartment. The cutout in the frame has cutouts into which the three extensions on the rubber piece fit.

Did that piece fall out of your camera? I am unable to see any tab to raise so I am unable to follow you on that. I had considered placing glue on the bottom and one side of the rubber piece in order to glue it into place but really don't want to do that.

Thanks for your post.

JDT

A topic tagged as having a question Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do? [View all] , jim thomas Silver Member , Mon 14-Jan-13 12:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rubber Seal By Card Door Fell Out, What To Do?