Thank you for the replay Gary. Hopefully a mod will combine my mistakes into 1 thread. I just did not see the one I thought I posted (this one) and figured I made a mistake.
I apologize for this mistake and will make certain not to repeat.
Back to your post.
I copied the files from my memory card onto my HD, so there is a potential for this to happen. I have not had it happen with any of the previous, or following files. this is in the 4600 range and I am over 5k as I recall.
When I look at it via explorer in windows (i shot jpeg large for this event) it shows as split.
When I open LR and choose open and goto the folder on my HD the image looks to be fine. It is greyed out so hard to see for certain, but would put my money on the image looks fine.
What I did was copy and paste in explorer to get a new filename (could have renamed the old i suppose) and opened lighroom to look at the folder.
the image looks fine however when i open it the image starts out fine then splits to what you see here. It is as if two images are coded in there.
when i look at the sequence, it is as if 1 of the images is missing though the numbering sequence is correct. a two in one shot.
it was a spray moment trying to get a shot or block.