Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter

HBB

Phoenix, US
8783 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter"

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Thu 10-Jan-13 04:18 PM | edited Thu 10-Jan-13 09:15 PM by HBB

Ron:

Wireless is simply not fast enough yet. Now that I am shooting with a D3X (24 megapixels) and D800E (36 megapixels) it would be even slower.

Attached are three images of my mobile rig, shot one night at a law enforcement session. I initially tried a clamp on the tripod leg to support a tray for the notebook computer. It simply wasn't stable enough. It took about a year of trial and error to come up with the current configuration, which has been used many times with no problems.

The Manfrotto studio dolly came with different wheels, and I exchanged them for the ones seen in the image as they were a bit softer. I can roll the rig around rough parking lots, streets, and sidewalks without worrying about excessive vibration.

The tripod is a Gitzo carbon fiber. The accessory arm is Manfrotto. The ball head holding the camera and the L-bracket are RRS. I don't remember where the trays came from, but several companies offer them. The notebook computer is held in place on the tray with a long strip of Velcro. The mouse is wireless.

The battery is a motorcycle battery in a battery box, and was custom built for me at a local battery shop. It includes two outlets, charger cable receptacle, is fused, and has a digital meter for checking voltage.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter [View all] , Collison Gold Member , Thu 10-Jan-13 10:05 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter