Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter

HBB

Phoenix, US
8773 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter"

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Thu 10-Jan-13 03:00 PM

Ron:

Welcome to Nikonians!

I hope your time with us will be helpful.

Your first post is perfect!

I owned the WT-4 wireless unit a few years ago and tried to use it on my D3 and notebook computer for tethered use in the field. It was difficult to install (Windows platform), but I finally got it working. I used it a couple times and gave up because it was simply much to slow, compared to a USB 2 cable connection. As I recall, it took about five seconds for a RAW file to transfer using the USB 2 cable, versus almost a half a minute wireless. I finally gave it away.

I have no experience with the Mac platform, so cannot offer any suggestions. Other members may be able to help.

For field use, I have a dolly with my tripod mounted on it, and an accessory arm on the head. One side of the arm has a tray for the notebook computer, and the other side can hold one or two cameras. There is a second tray on the dolly that holds a custom battery that I had built that will drive the notebook for several days as full screen brightness. Everything I need can be rolled around sidewalks, parking lots, etc. without worrying about tripping over anything.

If you are interested, I will post a couple images of this configuration.

Thanks again for joining us.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter [View all] , Collison Gold Member , Thu 10-Jan-13 10:05 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon WT-4 wireless transmitter