Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10538 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DX vs. FX"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Mon 14-Jan-13 10:21 AM

I agree with Brian - the camera has no way of knowing whether your subject is the bird or one of the sticks. AF may be close, but you have to either accept a low percentage of sharp images or manual override/manual focus to capture a subject in a cluttered environment.

This kind of image is tough. It requires lots of practice, patience, and a high skill level. Even then, the percentage of keepers is relatively low.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

This is a hot, active topic! DX vs. FX [View all] , jfitzg14 Silver Member , Sun 06-Jan-13 11:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DX vs. FX