Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

RescuePro with Large D800 NEF Files

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3385 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: RescuePro with Large D800 NEF Files"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Fri 11-Jan-13 10:08 PM

Brian -- Hey there in Genesee Depot! It's your buddy Alan, from Waukesha. I didn't see this thread until today. Even if you have formatted your card in your camera -- rerun Rescue Pro or the Lexar version of card recovery software (downloadable for free) again. I have had to go to this magic potion twice now -- and once more for a colleague where I work part time. I not only recovered my files that were most recent captures, but files from waaaaaaaaaaay back. It was like a time machine! Lexar recovers two copies of each file: one is the full file and the other is a thumb nail. I don't know why -- it just does.

You're old enough to remember DOS -- a pre-windows operating system. When you deleted a file in DOS, it simply deleted the first character of the 8-character file name. Early file recovery software required you to go in and replace that character. I have no ide how newer ones work, but I suspect they simply replace the dleted character with something they can read with the rest of the file name.

Don't surrender -- and don't be in such an all-fired hurry next time. I am very methodical as I get older -- mistakes are too easy abnd too close together otherwise!

Good luck!

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question RescuePro with Large D800 NEF Files [View all] , Bu Lai En Silver Member , Sun 06-Jan-13 01:31 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: RescuePro with Large D800 NEF Files
Reply message RE: RescuePro with Large D800 NEF Files - UPDATE
Reply message RE: RescuePro with Large D800 NEF Files - UPDATE