Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Size and type of memory card for a D800

icslowmo

Surprise, US
613 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Size and type of memory card for a D800"

icslowmo Registered since 01st Jan 2012
Sun 06-Jan-13 06:03 AM

Have fun with your new camera when you get it....!!!! Also I have that SD card and have tried it by it self for a few moments and didn't seem to really slow the camera down compared to the 32Gb ScanDisk Extreme Pro CF (90mb/sec.). So should work well.

With the SD card, the camera shows it will hold 399 pics. Now I shoot Loss-less RAW and from what I've noticed and seen on here is that when shooting Loss-less, figure about twice as much as what is displayed on the top LCD. So figure the 32Gb cards should hold around 800 pics in Loss-less RAW setting.

32Gb cards I feel are good for longer outings and you'll need the space. I'm thinking about getting a couple of the 1000x Lexar 16Gb CF cards for smaller event coverage and use my 32Gb ScanDisk Ex Pro SD(95/Mbs) as the back up card for both....

Anyways have fun and enjoy,

Chris

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Size and type of memory card for a D800 [View all] , RSchussel Silver Member , Sat 05-Jan-13 07:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Size and type of memory card for a D800