Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Master The D800 question please

pastordcraig

Fort Yukon, US
37 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Master The D800 question please"

pastordcraig Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2011
Sun 30-Dec-12 04:00 PM

Hi Patsy,

I see you've figured out the display issue: basically, "none" is one of the screens that you scroll through with the multi-selector when viewing photos-- I also found that a little confusing as at first.

Regarding the P mode question, I think the difficulty you're having might be that the program only allows changes that will still produce what your D800 considers to be a "correct" exposure. You said you had auto ISO turned off, so your shutter speed/aperture combinations are going to be more limited than they would be if the camera could also select from a range of ISO settings. Also, with the flash turned on, your shutter speeds are restricted, and your aperture selections are going to be limited accordingly.

Does that make sense?

I think I would try setting my auto ISO on with a ceiling of 3200 (or whatever you're comfortable with), and give it another try, or you could leave it off, but set the ISO a little higher than you have it to give the P mode a little more room to operate. Try it with the flash both on and off and see if it makes a difference.

Hope that helps.

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Master The D800 question please [View all] , PatsyNW , Sat 29-Dec-12 02:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Master The D800 question please