Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD screen ...

txstone12

Texas, US
600 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD screen of the D800"

txstone12 Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Feb 2012
Fri 28-Dec-12 10:02 PM

I posted this as a news item from NikonRumors as is routinely done on the Nikonians site. I see nothing wrong with the post. I don’t have the issue with my D800, but I didn’t realize that I had to take ownership for all posted news. Normally, members are encouraged to share news for what it’s worth for those who may be interested.

I have found NikonRumors to be a credible site for Nikon camera, lenses and processing accessories information. I respect your actions in trying to prevent the spread of misinformation. If you believe the site is not a reliable source of information, please let me know.

I read the post and I’ve reviewed the forms. The invoice repair list contains exactly the items I would expect to see

CKD LCD Unit
CKD Image Test
CKD LCD Display
CKD Image Color
CDK Flash Operation

I don’t expect they would list Recalibrate LCD? Do you?

The Dear Customers letter does not included letterhead. People have called it a fake on Noah Bershatsky’s own site and on the NikonRumors site. As far as I can see, they haven’t honored the assertion with a response in either place. Who don’t you trust? Ultimately, it’s a NikonRumors post, so if you think they picked up faked information, please let me know.

The discussion of D4 and D800/E green tint on the LCD has been around for months.

There is a picture comparing the D800 display to the D3s display here – but, it’s on the NikonRumors site

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/04/21/nikon-claims-that-the-greenish-d4d800-lcd-screen-is-more-accurate-than-the-d3sd700.aspx/

Thom Hogan even includes it in his ‘Debunking some Myths’ section in his D800 book. The LCD produces “green” images (pg 41), He says that Nikon claims to “calibrate” all LCDs to the same standard – no one knows what that standard is. He personally likes the new calibration but states as the “Bottom Line: there was a change in the LCD. Whether it’s for the better or not is up for question.” That just about sums it up.

I posted a news item from a web source, but in my own experience, a pretty reliable one. The news is essentially positive for those who perceive that they have such a problem. I’m absolutely remorseless about this post.

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery

A topic tagged as news seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD screen ... [View all] , txstone12 Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 28-Dec-12 02:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD scr...