Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD screen ...

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3573 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD screen of the D800"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 28-Dec-12 04:09 PM

Did you read the service order and the form letter? The service order has no mention of work on the screen, only that it was checked along with all the other normal post repair checks.
The form letter has no hallmarks of a Nikon document so there is little chance that it is real. People make fake images of new models and internal "documents" all the time to see if they can get a rise out of the most number of people.
I have seen dozens of D800s and a few D4's and none have had anything but accurate detailed displays with no hint of green. There might be some out there but no one has posted an image of one that I am aware of. My D800 has the best color reproduction of any digital camera I have used.
Is yours defective? Maybe you can post some images that show the problem. Some stated that their images were green and a few others commented that their screen was green, it would be nice to finally see an example of this "defect".
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as news seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD screen ... [View all] , txstone12 Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 28-Dec-12 02:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: seems Nikon does have fix for green tint on LCD scr...