Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Zareeba

Stockton-on-Tees, UK
174 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Got my D800 today!"

Zareeba Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2008
Thu 27-Dec-12 06:05 PM

Well, my D800 (Christmas pressie to self) arrived today, one day before it was expected (I ordered it on Boxing Day). After charging the battery I was so eager to get started that I just grabbed the camera and pointed it at the first likely subject, which happened to be one of the cats sitting on the dining table (well, where else would a dignified lady cat sit?). In my haste I didn't even check the settings (which turned out to be ISO 100, f2.8 - hence the shallow depth of field - 1/60s) - I simply popped up the flash, pointed and pressed the button. No way to treat a D800, I'll agree, but it didn't turn out too badly - now I'm busy setting it up the way I want it (reading Darrell Young's new book on the D800/800E). Socks (cat) didn't seem bothered by having a flash go off in her face (our cats are used to it) and I was very pleased to see that in spite of using the pop-up flash there was no 'green-eye' (version of red-eye which occurs in animals who have a tapetum lucidum (layer of tissue which reflects light back through the retina, creating the superior night vision of animals such as cats)even though I was quite close to the cat and she was looking directly at the camera. Quite pleased with the result, even if it is a bit basic.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

D4, D800, D600

It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us in trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so.

Why is this thus? What is the reason of this thusness?

- Artemus Ward

A general, generic topic Got my D800 today! [View all] , Zareeba Gold Member , Thu 27-Dec-12 05:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Got my D800 today!