Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 with separate meter??

HBB

Phoenix, US
8774 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 with separate meter??"

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Sat 05-Jan-13 10:46 PM

Odd:

Thanks for dropping in.

I had the Minolta Color Meter III, and used it for several years. When I bought the Sekonic L758DR exposure meter, I wanted to match the RF trigger function in it ... ergo, the Sekonic C500R.

I frequently shoot at night with my herd of twelve Nikon SB800 speedlights in full manual mode, and the RF trigger in both meters is very useful.

The C500R has two red sensors in it: One matched to the film emulsion sensitivities, and the other matched to the human eye and digital camera sensitivities. The Film sensor recognizes three fairly sharp, distinct peaks, one for red, green, and blue, with very little overlap. The human eye/digital camera sensor matches the human eye red. green, and blue, response curves, as do digital cameras, which includes a slight blue sensitivity (about 30 percent) in the red portion of the visible light spectrum, and greater overlap than the film sensor.

I also like the consistency in their design: control layout, display, size, etc.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

A general, generic topic D800 with separate meter?? [View all] , avisys , Wed 26-Dec-12 12:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 with separate meter??