Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 with separate meter??

MongolJustin

AU
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 with separate meter??"

MongolJustin Registered since 26th Oct 2012
Sun 30-Dec-12 09:52 PM

Hi.

I bought a Sekonic L758 6 weeks ago to use with my D800, after watching the Joe Brady (Sekonic) videos on YouTube.

It has been a revolution for my photos. I shoot almost exclusively manual and prior to the meter i was frustrated by the number of bad exposures i was getting.

I use the meter everywhere, even when i took my kids to the zoo recently ...

The meter provides both a incident meter and 1 degree spot meter that i have found very accurate (without needing to spend the additional 300 bucks to buy the calibration image that lets you further refine the settings to your cameras lens/body dynamic range).

Shots in even (even midday) light are very easy to determine for a great result. And shots with light and shade or reflective surfaces are made much easier having the ability to both take incident and reflective readings.

Since using the meter the number of clipped shots has dropped dramatically and i am able to concentrate more on focus and composition .... so i am very happy with the investment.

regards

Justin.

A general, generic topic D800 with separate meter?? [View all] , avisys , Wed 26-Dec-12 12:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 with separate meter??