Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 with separate meter??

mikeguil

ELMVALE, CA
453 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D800 with separate meter??"

mikeguil Registered since 18th Dec 2005
Sat 29-Dec-12 01:29 PM | edited Sat 29-Dec-12 01:30 PM by mikeguil

I have a Minolta Flash Meter IV that I used when I shot with Hasselblads. I also had a newer Sekonic - can't remember the model number now but ended up selling it after I went digital (Nikon D1). I still have the FM IV, but I find the meter in the Nikons good enough that I don't use it. At times I've been temped to take it out with me, but I can't remember the last time I actually used it on a portrait. I guess I keep it for nostalgic reasons. It sits in it's pouch attached to my studio stand.

The only time I use it is when I'm doing copy work of large paintings, or certain in-studio commercial work where light evenness is critical. I use the flat diffuser on it (haven't got a clue where the dome is now). But of course, this is studio/flash use not ambient light.

So for portraits, no I don't use one anymore.

Mike Guilbault
Elmvale, Ontario, Canada
http://www.PhotographyWorkshops.ca
http://www.MGPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 with separate meter?? [View all] , avisys , Wed 26-Dec-12 12:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 with separate meter??