Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need clarity about what I should have expected with ful...

walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16915 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need clarity about what I should have expected with full frame a camera"

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Mon 24-Dec-12 03:46 AM

You shouldn't anything magical to happen with a full frame camera. Depth of field is about a stop less than you get with a DX equivalent body and lens, but you're probably looking at your images a heck of a lot closer than you did before. The higher magnification you use to examine a given scene, the more you'll notice small changes in focus. That doesn't mean it will show up in similarly sized prints, and large prints from both formats will magnify differences in focus. I'm not sure why you're having trouble with your flashes - they work pretty much the same way they did with your D300.

My personal experience switching from a DX DSLR to an FX DSLR was that it was like returning back to the 35 SLR days in terms of lens options (which I liked), and I appreciated the greater flexibility in working with images in post-processing. I quickly stopped using my D300 for normal photography and eventually converted it to infrared, which I like quite a bit.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

This is a hot, active topic! Need clarity about what I should have expected with ful... [View all] , KHR Gold Member , Mon 24-Dec-12 01:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need clarity about what I should have expected with...