Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Picture Control Settings -- Recommendations?

Kidkett

Campo, US
442 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Picture Control Settings -- Recommendations?"

Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010
Sat 22-Dec-12 04:25 AM

Hi Chris,

First I have to agree with Rick and shoot in RAW format. From there I don’t use any Sharping and do it in post processing. When I am shooting Landscapes I do use Vivid as long as it doesn’t have a lot of red in the scenes as it will blow it out very easy. But when I say that I use Nikons Capture NX2 and can change any of the camera setting I don’t like.

If you have Capture NX2 this is a good chance for you to shoot a picture in RAW and go in and change the setting and see what you do like, as everyone likes something different. It will show you what the setting all look like on that same picture. Even if you don’t have Capture NX2 you can go and download the trial for 60 day I think and check out your setting that you like. You might even end up like using it. Sometime I find using vivid is too much and I do change it back to another setting but you can only do that if you shoot in RAW and are using Capture NX2. You might want to shoot in JPEG and RAW and see what you can do between the two formats. This is an easy way to find what you are looking for. Give it a try I think it will help you see what the different settings are in your camera. You can also change the WB to different setting if there off. This is the easiest way to find the setting you like that I have found.

Hope this helps you.
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Picture Control Settings -- Recommendations? [View all] , OMMBoy , Sat 22-Dec-12 02:24 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Picture Control Settings -- Recommendations?