Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Reikan Focal - Latest?

piowoc

St. Louis, US
181 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Reikan Focal - Latest?"

piowoc Registered since 06th Aug 2007
Wed 19-Dec-12 10:49 PM

Hi,

I used the 1.7.0.240 beta 2 weeks ago for both AFMA and AF consistency test on D800 and D4. No issues at all, everything worked great. Comparing to the last stable release I think the beta is more accurate, e.g. in AFMA mode it tests more AFMA settings before deciding on the final recommended adjustment, so I assume the calculations are more precise and even if there was a problem with AF at any of the AF microadjustment values the calculation would still be more precise than with the last stable release. I believe they changed the algorithm how is it calculated as well. What I also noticed was that I was finally able to find the optimal AFMA setting for my 85mm f1.4G lens, which according to the last stable release was "out of range", so the software refused to calculate it at all.
Other than that the beta works and feels like the next improved release. Actually their "betas" seem to be as reliable as their stable releases.

Hope it will help you decide which way you want to go.

Regards,
Peter

A general, generic topic Reikan Focal - Latest? [View all] , Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians , Wed 19-Dec-12 08:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Reikan Focal - Latest?