Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wi-Fi or Eye-Fi with D800?

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Wi-Fi or Eye-Fi with D800?"

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Thu 20-Dec-12 03:13 AM

I am using the Eye-Fi 8GB and new 16GB Pro X2 cards in my D800. They fixed the problem they were having with the D800 and Direct Mode, with a firmware upgrade. Eye-Fi now says the D800 is compatible with their cards.

They work fine on my D800. However, they are slooooooooow with a D800 file due to the size. JPEGS aren't too bad, it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to transfer ONE image. Forget RAW and on TIFF, just say NO!

For file transfer, stick to your USB cable.

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

A general, generic topic Wi-Fi or Eye-Fi with D800? [View all] , piowoc , Tue 18-Dec-12 04:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wi-Fi or Eye-Fi with D800?