Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 (Gasp!) Tuscaloosa Air show

gtrdude

US
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D700 (Gasp!) Tuscaloosa Air show"

gtrdude Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jul 2008
Wed 04-Apr-12 04:21 AM | edited Wed 04-Apr-12 04:36 AM by gtrdude

I hate to bother the D800 forum with D700 news :), but I thought I would share some pics of the Blue Angels Air show this past weekend in Tuscaloosa. I don't do action pics, and I've never shot action photos with the D700, but with the help of a fast shutter, they turned out okay. I normally never, ever crop photos, but I was across the Black Warrior river from the airport (quite a distance), so a LOT of cropping had to be done. I was really impressed with the sharpness of most of these pics (in RAW format). I can only imagine how shots with a D800 would crop! Sorry, I'm not sure how to post a link to the gallery, but that's where they are. I made it to the tail end of the show, just in time for the Blue Angels. I know the real test would be photographing planes with props! It's always a pleasure to read all of the posts. I learn an awful lot from this place!

Man, I love this camera! Oh, they were shot with a 70-200 2.8 II Nikon lens.

James

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 (Gasp!) Tuscaloosa Air show [View all] , gtrdude Silver Member , Wed 04-Apr-12 02:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 (Gasp!) Tuscaloosa Air show