Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4571 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Thu 06-Dec-12 01:36 PM | edited Thu 06-Dec-12 01:39 PM by richardd300

Yes, I was referring to the first 2 with the 105mm, I did see the the 85mm images also. I also see that images 3&4 are taken with a 70-200mm with image 4 being the better of the two. I must admit I was testing my 70-200mm a few days ago on a flat target set to 70mm at about 1/125 @ f2.8 and the results were not flattering. I increased the ISO slightly to achieve the same speed at a narrow aperture i.e. f7 and the images were really sharp.

I won't labour the point regarding AF issues, but I have now concluded that I try to achieve higher shutter speeds to achieve better clarity matched with suitable mid range apertures, in my case between f6 and f11 if I can.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A general, generic topic Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots [View all] , johno Silver Member , Thu 06-Dec-12 03:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots