Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4571 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Thu 06-Dec-12 01:16 PM | edited Thu 06-Dec-12 01:18 PM by richardd300

I am not going to comment on AF-fine tuning as it's a subject of which I am a loss to master, despite numerous tests.

Obviously I make the assumption that the camera was tripod mounted at the extremely low shutter speeds demonstrated? The first two images says it is 1/13 @ f3! The 3rd and 4th 1/60 @ f2.8, the 5th and 6th at 1/60 @ f1.4. 1/60 with a very wide aperture is asking a lot, but 1/13 is extremely low! Also and I have no experience of the 105mm f2.8, but as this is a micro/macro lens I wouldn't have chosen first 4 subjects to test it on. Very shallow DOF are going to be the result of those settings.

Please accept my apologies in advance if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, but a + 20 AF-fine tune still not working must surely mean that in fact it could require e.g. +25 anon if such a setting existed.

Once again I am really no expert here, but make my comments because of the low speeds and wide apertures leading me to conclude they may affecting the IQ.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A general, generic topic Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots [View all] , johno Silver Member , Thu 06-Dec-12 03:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Front Focus after Repair #2 -- Demo Shots