Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Oil on my D800 sensor

Kidkett

Campo, US
442 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Oil on my D800 sensor"

Kidkett Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 09th Apr 2010
Wed 05-Dec-12 09:17 AM

Hi Dick,

Be glad you don’t have the D600 as it is a lot worse than the D800. You might as well get used to cleaning your sensor and become an expert on these new cameras as they all seem to get spots on them. The older cameras went a lot longer without cleaning them, and I mean a lot longer. I hope you did a wet swab cleaning, but it should have taken the spots off. You might want to run through these Video’s at this link. http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=tutorials I hope this helps you get the spots off. You can call Nikon but I don’t think they will do anything and it will cost you $$$ for the shipping. I hope this helps you out.

Good Luck,
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Oil on my D800 sensor [View all] , SolonPhotos7 Silver Member , Tue 04-Dec-12 11:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Oil on my D800 sensor