Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ready to Left Focus Test my Newer Batch D800e

spiritualized67

Western PA, US
3290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Ready to Left Focus Test my Newer Batch D800e"

spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007
Tue 04-Dec-12 04:29 PM

Well, I've taken the plunge and am excited to be receiving my new D800e from BH, which I'll have tomorrow (Dec. 5th).

My D800e is U.S. serial # 30095XX, so I hope they've finally got the whole left focus calibration issue resolved? I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you that I’m reserving my enthusiasm for now.

I'm banking on the fact that BH turns a lot of inventory - and at least according to their camera sales guy, replaced bad stock with new properly calibrated batches a while back.

But rest assured, I'll be conducting my own focus tests using a 35mm f/1.4 (and 24-70mm f/2.8) the minute the package arrives.

I'm still hearing about newer batch focus issues being reported (although they are more sporadic than spring/summer 2012 reports), but can't help but wonder if inferior lenses (used during testing), user error or old/returned stock is to blame for these latest reports? We'll see.

Yes, I’m probably being paranoid – but this is a confirmed issue and I can’t find any affected serial # reports online that definitively indicate that my new batch is now in the safe production range (nor any way to determine what month my camera was actually produced), although you’d think that Nikon and B&H would have their act together by Dec.

Here's hoping! (as much as I love Nikon, it's sort of sad that I'd even have to worry about these sort of things).

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

A general, generic topic Ready to Left Focus Test my Newer Batch D800e [View all] , spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography , Tue 04-Dec-12 03:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Ready to Left Focus Test my Newer Batch D800e