For 30 years I have breeding Hibiscus syriacus and recording the results as colour chart numbers and photographically. In that time I have recorded over 15,000 plants. The two basic pigments in the flowers are a blue that tends to violet, and a red that tends to purple. They are present together and create the flower colour that is described by observers as red through purple to blue, or even pink when the pigment is sparse in the petals. Different films rendered them all red or all blue! It was a nightmare trying to get accurate matches in the darkroom. Rarely was the end result pleasing or accurate.
The human eye/brain sees purple when film sees red or blue. The paper pigments could not cope so even a good negative was marred in printing.
The digital era is bringing joy! In CS2 I could not get colours I could accept, but in CS6 I can re-process my old RAW files and get good results. The D800E now produces the best files yet. Processing is not however simple. I shoot WB on Auto and in ACR I expect to adjust Temperature and Tint to adjust to the light of the day. Then in Hue/Saturation/Luminance I normally adjust Yellow, Green, Purple and Magenta. The yellow and green to sort out the leaves and the purple and magenta the petal pigments. I can bring the flowers I photographed in to beside the computer to assist. However the viewing conditions in the computer room, and for the subsequent prints have to be taken into account.
This summer I took 1000 pictures of Marsh orchids in the wild. They are all purple and needed all my hard earned experience to get comparable final pictures. The time of day, sun strength, cloud etc all had to be allowed for.
At least Hibiscus and wild orchids don't get illuminated by stadium lights! I wish you success! Happy days moving colour sliders learning how not to spoil what a brilliant camera has taken.
I will end with a picture of one of my plants 'Pink Chiffon'. It looks pink, everybody calls it pink, but actually the pigments are purple and respond to the purple and magenta sliders in HSL in ACR. The original was taken with a D2X and 17 - 35 mm f 2.8 Nikkor @ f 13, ISO 100, 1/60 sec on 3.07.2008. Re-processed today in CS6.