Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Revealing D800E NEF files

jhearl

Milford, VA, US
465 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Revealing D800E NEF files"

jhearl Registered since 16th Apr 2007
Fri 06-Apr-12 12:49 PM

I'm not so in awe about these photos but I suspect it's more about the photographer than the camera. There is one part of one image that disturbs me though. It's the man in the brown jacket (Photo 19). Take a look at the skin in the shadow area on the side of his nose. It looks horrible. Smeared and gray/blue. I don't think his skin really looks like this. This crop is from the JPG on that site, but I downloaded the NEF file and it looks the same (only darker) I have a Panasonic DMC-G1 that does the same thing to skin tones (only worse). I don't see this kind of thing with my D300. I notice that this one was shot at ISO 50 for some reason. Maybe that's a factor? Whatever, I think it's pretty ugly.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancingtuna

A general, generic topic Revealing D800E NEF files [View all] , Benkoop Silver Member , Wed 04-Apr-12 03:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Revealing D800E NEF files