Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Revealing D800E NEF files

piniongear

Houston Texas, US
466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Revealing D800E NEF files"

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006
Sun 08-Apr-12 06:04 PM

I feel so insulted I may just go off in a corner and cry.

The pics look like they were taken with a Brownie. I said that only because it is how they look to me.
Others will differ and that is fine.

PerroneFord posted some #### of a cereal box label earlier in another post. I don't know why he did that because the text is extremely fuzzy and the pictures are really poor.

I said they looked looked fuzzy only because they did.
His reply was to post another set of pics that were meant to impress me(?)

Well, they made an impression alright, but it was regarding the lack of depth of field, and as a result was not a good impression.

The center leaves were in focus and the tree trunks on either side were fuzzy.

If the trees had been in the distant background...then OK.
But they were lose to point of focus so the impression made (to me) was not good.

Hey, all I am asking to see are pics that are clearly better than what could be taken with a D300 or D700 to justify the high cost of the D800.

I have to see some real proof of an improvement before I spend that kind of money!

So far there is no proof being presented.

I have to wonder if there are not a few owners who are truly disappointed with what they got by spending 3 grand on the D800?

As for B&H.....I had a D800 on order since Feb 17 but after the shipping date came and went I began to question myself if this camera really worth the price?

I decided for me.... there was no evidence to indicate is was worth it at this point, so I happily canceled my order.

I stuck some of the money into glass and await any evidence that the camera is anywhere worth the price to me.
Still waiting.......
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Revealing D800E NEF files [View all] , Benkoop Silver Member , Wed 04-Apr-12 03:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Revealing D800E NEF files