Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live view - exposure and focus problem in live view?

Carmen Tulum

Toronto, CA
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Live view - exposure and focus problem in live view?"

Carmen Tulum Registered since 09th Nov 2012
Mon 26-Nov-12 08:07 PM

I just received my D800 back from Nikon where they adjusted the focus and the exposure. At first glance the exposure (which tended to be either mildly or highly overexposed and happened intermittently) looks better. But when I use Live view, the exposure is different from non live view auto exposure (matrix). The images come out darker if taken in live view. Is this normal?
Another thing about Live view (I have read Darrel Young's book - the live view part too) - it really struggles to establish focus when I try to shoot something close - I first have to use normal auto focus to "help" the live view and only then its able to focus on the close subject. I have tested this on about 10 different subjects so far.

A topic tagged as having a question Live view - exposure and focus problem in live view? [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Mon 26-Nov-12 07:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Live view - exposure and focus problem in live view...