Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?"

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Sat 24-Nov-12 08:33 PM

Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply to this post. I feel much better after reading your replies and suggestions. In fact, I just added an autoreply to my contact link on PictureAndPen.com, which says the following. I hope this is sufficient, and I will do my best to answer each email over time:

"Thank you for contacting me!

As an author of many photography books, and the fact that I publish contact information in my books, I get a huge volume of email. Additionally, I have a contract with my publishing company that has me continuously writing a new book, I write weekly articles for several websites, and I am a professional photographer managing a small stock photo agency (www.NatureOfTravel.com) and shoot stock photography on a regular basis. I'm not trying to make excuses, just pointing out that, like you, I am very busy and have little extra time.

Unfortunately, this makes it difficult to answer email with complex technical questions in a timely fashion. Although I want to answer your email quickly, it is nearly impossible for me to do so. If you have sent me a question that requires more than a brief answer, I will add it to my growing queue of technical queries, and do my best to respond as soon as I can. In the meantime, may I suggest that you consider asking deep technical questions in my favorite Nikon Community forums at www.Nikonians.org. You will find me online there, and I will happily add my voice to the replies as often as I can.

I became an author and photography expert by spending over 12 years hanging around Nikonians.org. In my experience, it is the best source of photographic knowledge available today. The many experienced photographers in this friendly community will go out of their way to help you find answers to even the most difficult and technical questions.

I'll do my best to reply to your email as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding!

Darrell Young"

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

A general, generic topic Why won't Darrell Young answer my email? [View all] , DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Fri 23-Nov-12 02:19 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?