Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?

K64drb

Blacksburg, US
324 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?"

K64drb Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Feb 2012
Sat 24-Nov-12 03:42 PM

Darrell,

Thank you for taking the time to make this post. Just the fact that you are genuinely concerned about trying to respond to the mountain of email speaks highly of your character, which is far more important than whether or not you can actually accomplish that impossible task. As a high public profile Nikonian, you represent the rest of us very well - not just with technical expterise, but as a quality individual. For the majority of the Nikonian community, no apology is ever needed from you for not responding to an email. And you don't need to thank us for our patience, but we do thank you for yours. You obviously have a lot of diverse responsibilities pulling you in very different directons.

Remember, there's a finite limit on just how much work any of one us can take on before we start to burn out. Keep up the good work, but keep it enjoyable for yourself too. Your Nikonian friends are behind you all the way! We want to help, not add stress.

My only suggestion, although with you being an author you are probably already using it, would be to get some voice recognition software. I just started using Dragon Naturally Speaking about a year ago. It works amazingly well, and is a huge time saver for handling email, and other tasks where typing is involved. I was skeptical at first, but it really does perform as promised.

Thanks for the great picture- it is very calming!

Dave

Dave Badger
Blacksburg, VA
My Nikonians gallery, or visit www.AlternateViewsPhotography.com .

"You don't quit playing because you grow old; you grow old because you quit playing."

A general, generic topic Why won't Darrell Young answer my email? [View all] , DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Fri 23-Nov-12 02:19 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why won't Darrell Young answer my email?