Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Antero52

Vantaa, FI
2683 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Technique"

Antero52 Silver Member Awarded for his expertise in post-processing, being  consistently helpful and professional. Nikonian since 07th Jul 2009
Thu 22-Nov-12 12:38 PM | edited Thu 22-Nov-12 12:43 PM by Antero52

Hi Joe,

When digital photography was a new topic to me, I bought at least a hundred issues of various magazines. Then in about three years' time I realized that most magazines offer diminshing returns as the (pseudo-)technical articles repeated old stuff and told me very little I didn’t know already.

Enter c’t Digital Photography (www.ct-digiphoto.com).

This magazine’s roots are in the German ComputerTechnik magazine but is available in (US) English too. There are only four issues per year but the annual output of useful and interesting information beats any other photography magazine I am aware of. The current issue #10 (Nov. 2012) includes a lengthy article of handholding techniques and gizmos for stabilizing hand-held cameras, plus lots of other useful stuff, including a comparison of D800E and a 40-megapixel Hasselbad. (The Blad won a majority of the tests by a hair, mostly because of its better lenses. But when it lost, as in available-light photography or focusing, it not only lost, it was totally crushed.)

Regards, Antero

P.S. I think your tripod will serve you better if you take it out of the box. The trick is to mount your camera on the tripod and let the birds approach you while you are lurking behind cover.

A general, generic topic Technique [View all] , jfitzg14 Silver Member , Thu 22-Nov-12 10:52 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Technique