Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

More D800 Focus Trouble

SirPuttsAlot

Poughquag, US
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: More D800 Focus Trouble"

SirPuttsAlot Registered since 26th Sep 2011
Sun 25-Nov-12 12:48 PM

After purchasing a 24-70 f/2.8 my images were no where what I expected. Soft eyes, things seemed out of focus, etc. I purchased FoCal to help with tuning my lenses and after wasting hours on top of hours trying to get my 24-70 tuned, the results were all over the place, so I would recommend skipping it. One time it was -16 then -3 then -11 then +4 then... then... then... then...

Right now, I look at FoCal as the equivalent to any golf swing instruction aid, completely useless at achieving anything except for making my wallet lighter.

In the end, it turns out, I just upped my shutter speed from 1/FL to 1.5 or 2x local length and all of a sudden my images got razor sharp (with Fine Tune disabled) so I was performing Problem Determination on the wrong tool. The problem wasn't the lens, it was the photographer. Even if the problem was my equipment, I have no faith that FoCal would have helped at all.

But that's just my experience with it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic More D800 Focus Trouble [View all] , johno Silver Member , Mon 19-Nov-12 12:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: More D800 Focus Trouble