Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

More D800 Focus Trouble

aay

CA
172 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: More D800 Focus Trouble"

aay Registered since 11th Jul 2010
Wed 21-Nov-12 05:34 AM

I just bought FoCal. Actually I paid less using the link I found in some other thread here:

http://www.reikan.co.uk/focal/mbp45/

Not sure if it is still valid - when I asked about it I was told that it would be taken down last Sunday, but it is still there. Since it's an automated process you get your license within few minutes.

As for usefulness. Well, I'm analyzing my camera focusing issue right now. It is a mess, so I'm running lots of test to establish at least single sensor I can use safely. So far it seems that the software produced repeatable results with both daylight and artificial light (500w). My case is a bit extreme, so I can see how this software helps me.

As lots of people pointed out - calibration is not exact science and there are a lot of variables here. I would guess that using such software you can get a feel of your camera and lens performance, but it's unlikely you'd be able to adjust it to ideal conditions, especially zoom lenses.

Alex
http://www.yermakov.net

A general, generic topic More D800 Focus Trouble [View all] , johno Silver Member , Mon 19-Nov-12 12:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: More D800 Focus Trouble