Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800 focus problem

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4560 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D800 focus problem"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Mon 19-Nov-12 10:01 PM

I do hope I didn't give an impression that I was doubting that camera or lens error, or that a combination of the two were perhaps to blame. I do accept that certain styles and genres of photography give rise to a possible focus problem being far more identifiable especially in portrait, or other closer work, where an errant focus would be more noticeable. I include street and architecture in this scenario too.

My work is largely wildlife and landscape. With wildlife the only time I use AF-C is when I am using dynamic 51 point or less and 3D focus mode for birds in flight. I am indeed fortunate that the instances where the target has selected left or right focus points, the capture has been in focus. With landscapes I only use Centre focus in AF-S, so there is luckily no issue for me.

No one has really persuaded me zoom lens errors can be coped with by any angled tests unless either a permanent focal length is used, or perhaps a decided average of staged tests across the full focal length will make an overall improvement.

Perhaps I am posting in the wrong forum, but I do value others opinions and ideas on the fine tuning issues.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A topic tagged as in need of help Nikon D800 focus problem [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Sat 17-Nov-12 04:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 focus problem